[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vince Van De Coevering <vpv at figaros dot com>
 To:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  FW: [m0n0wall] Excellent (and affordable) m0n0 platform
 Date:  Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:40:47 -0700
Thanks Benoit!
Forwarded per your request....

Vince Van De Coevering
IT Manager
Figaro's Italian Pizza, Inc.
503-371-9318 x216
vpv at figaros dot com

-----Original Message-----
From: Begin, Benoit [mailto:benoit dot begin at telus dot com]
Sent: September 19, 2005 2:07 PM
To: Vince Van De Coevering

Here is the recipe (please share it in the mailing list - I am not
suscribed):

Write your m0n0wall image (the Generic-PC one, very important) to your
CompactFlash card.

Now you have to modify the filesystem on it (create a tiny file at the root)
with these simple steps.

Download and run the excellent "m0n0wall Live Installer", by Chris Buechler:
http://chrisbuechler.com/index.php?id=17
<http://chrisbuechler.com/index.php?id=17>

Boot it (I use VMware and I connect my USB CF card reader as a "Physical
Disk", seen as ad0 in BSD) and use the following commands to enable the
Serial Console:

camcontrol devlist
atacontrol list

mkdir /mnt/cf
mount /dev/<device name reported by atacontrol or camcontrol> /mnt/cf
echo -h>/mnt/cf/boot.config
sync
umount /mnt/cf

Now your Generic-PC m0n0wall image is "Serial Console" enabled.  :-)

Connect to your PDS with a null-modem cable and run your favorite Terminal
Emulation program at 9600n81.

 <http://www.telussolutionsdaffaires.com/> TELUS solutions d'affaires
TELUS solutions d'affaires
(418) 694-3000, poste 4310
benoit dot begin at telussa dot com <mailto:benoit dot begin at telussa dot com>
http://www.telussolutionsdaffaires.com
<http://www.telussolutionsdaffaires.com/>
tsa_logo.gif (3.8 KB, image/x-citrix-gif)