[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kris Maglione <bsdaemon at comcast dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN, switching to m0n0
 Date:  Mon, 19 Sep 2005 21:03:28 -0400
Peter Allgeyer wrote:

>Hi Kris!
>
>Am Sonntag, den 18.09.2005, 16:43 -0400 schrieb Kris Maglione:
>

>>That's really a good question... I would have no use for it, but I
>>suppose it's reasonable for someone to want to route NetBIOS/BEUI or
>>IPX, although I can't imagine how well that would fare.
>>

>I see. Routing not routable protocols ;-)

Just because a protocol is 'not routable' doesn't mean someone won't
find a reason run it through a router. Maybe, for instance, someone will
decide to hack in a Samba BDC... in that case, though, they could hack
in the ethernet tunnel support. Like I said, probably better as a hidden
option. Anyway, strictly speaking, they're not 'not routable', it would
just be inconvienient to the point of obsurdity to implement it.

Sometimes I'll argue a point just for the sake of argument, so I'm done
with this one.