[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Cannot see LAN subnet via PPTP
 Date:  Mon, 19 Sep 2005 20:19:40 -0500
I know this is a simple mistake somewhere, but I can not find it
anywhere.  I can establish a PPTP tunnel via WinXP to a given box.  I
can then browse the internet from said box via the tunnel.
(www.myipaddress.com confirms this)  I can ping the LAN interface of
the m0n0wall box.  I can not ping anything else (or web or whatever)
on the LAN subnet. I have tried an ip address range for the PPTP that
is both within the LAN range, and outside the LAN range with the same
result. The rules in the firewall are;
WAN interface
   Proto Source Port Destination Port Description
   TCP  *  *  69.x.x.130  443 (HTTPS)  Allow Remote Admin
PPTP clients
   Proto Source Port Destination Port Description
   *  *  *  *  *  Default PPTP -> any
LAN interface
   Proto Source Port Destination Port Description
   *  LAN net  *  *  *  Default LAN -> any

LAN IP 192.168.10.0/24
PPTP Server 192.168.10.239
PPTP Clients 192.168.10.240/28

Any hints?  What simple thing am I missing? Thanks.