[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] DHCP Settings
 Date:  Mon, 19 Sep 2005 21:55:37 -0500
PF: m0n0wall wrote:
> [...]

Don't want to flame - want to agree... For AD to work properly you need
use Microsoft's DNS. They say you can use BIND, but my experience has
been when you don't use Microsoft's parts things go goofy - quick.
Probably 95% of the networks I have been called into work on have
problems stemming from name resolution - this goes back for over 8 years
with NT 4 networks. If name resolution does not work properly - all
kinds of squirrelly things happen. Whether the name resolution mechanism
is DNS or WINS, if it is broke (or not used) things do not go well.

As far as "HACK my monowall to do as a wanted" why would anyone go threw
that much trouble. You can take a piece of steel, drill a hole, tap it
(put internal threads in the hole), cut the corners off and make a nut.
Or go to the hardware store a get one ready made out of a bin.
James W. McKeand