[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mark wolfe <markw at wolfenet dot org>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple WAN ip addresses
 Date:  24 Jun 2003 21:53:31 -0700
I'd tried that, but messed up the rule.  Just went back and fixed it and
it worked.   Looks cool, m0n0 does almost everything you could ask, and
then some.  Thanks!

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 05:57, Manuel Kasper wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2003, mark wolfe wrote:
>
> > I've got a couple addresses that I'd like to NAT to boxes on the DMZ
> > interface.  However, it looks like you can only assign 1 address to the
> > WAN interface at this time.  Is there a workaround for this, or a
> > planned "feature" for a future release?
>
> What you can already do is 1:1 NAT with your external IP addresses (i.e.
> map one public IP address to one private IP address [DMZ or whatever,
> doesn't matter]) and then use filter rules to control which services you
> want to offer to the outside. It's all on the NAT setup page.
>
> What you can't do at the moment is to take several public IP addresses and
> have m0n0wall NAT traffic to different ports on those addresses to
> different DMZ servers - that can only be done with the (single) public IP
> address that you enter on the WAN configuration page.
>
> HTH,
>
> Manuel

Mark Wolfe                                   http://www.wolfenet.org
gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7  64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6 8C71
Q: What's the big deal about rm, I have been deleting stuff for years? And
   never lost anything.. oops!
A: ...