[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Mee" <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Back again...
 Date:  Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:31:54 -0700
> To make a long story short - development on m0n0wall
> will have to "fit in the gaps" left by my other activities.

Have you thought about an interim plan? e.g. Putting the source up on CVS
at, say, sourceforge, so can modify it in the interim?  Or annointing
someone (or a small group of people) to do releases while you're busy?

If you can't work on it for a few months the project will lose a lot of
momentum...  I bet if you email the list you'll get some volunteers
(anyone?).  M0n0wall is such a great starting point for a great firewall
etc., that it would be sad to see it grind to a halt like so many open
source projects.

Just my 2 cents worth!

cheers, michael