[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Sierchio <kudzu at tenebras dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] New clock update, img & diff available
 Date:  Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:12:32 -0700
Joe Doran wrote:

> I have been playing around my self, and ntpd seems to work with
> AboutTime, but it has isues also. Ntpd seems to go on a tangent whenever
> the internet connection is lost.

An ntp config for conditions in which the network connection is
not continuously available, add the LOCAL reference clock:

server  tick.ucla.edu
server  timekeeper.isi.edu
server  tock.gpsclock.com
server  usno.pa-x.dec.com
server  127.127.1.0
fudge   127.127.1.0 stratum 10

This means that the computer's clock will be selected when no
other sources are available.  This will typically drift a bit,
but the net45xx have very good oscillators.

--

"Well," Brahma said, "even after ten thousand explanations, a fool is no
  wiser, but an intelligent man requires only two thousand five hundred."