[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Mee" <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 To:  "Joe Doran" <joe at jbdww dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] New clock update, img & diff available
 Date:  Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:13:36 -0700
> whenever I used AboutTime [...] and have it communicate to
> m0n0walls msntp server, it times out.

Thanks Joe. I didn't enable msntp as a *server*, just as a client (i.e.
to set the time on the Soekris box) so that's why it hangs with AboutTime.
Server mode is v2, though its simple to do right now. I *think* you do the
following, though doubtless others will have more refined ways:

1) go to http://10.0.0.1/exec.php
2) enter: /usr/local/bin/msntp -S &

and then it should be running as a server. You can verify by going to:
http://10.0.0.1/cgi-bin/status.cgi
and looking at the process list.

Note that per a previous thread this will NOT work with the built-in XP time
update - I'll have to hack msntp for that. (On my long list of things to
do...)

cheers, michael