[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  CF boot fix
 Date:  Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:46:48 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

as you probably know, starting at pb11r409, m0n0wall includes the
bootloader fixes (boot1.s and biosdisk.c) from

http://wleiden.webweaving.org:8080/svn/node-config/soekris/bootblock/

Now... today I have first experienced the Read error problem on a cheap
no-name 128 MB CF card (the BIOS reports it as SAMSUNG CF/ATA), but it
appears that the patch doesn't work - after the "1 Seconds to automatic
boot." message, it hangs for about 20 seconds, then displays "Read error".

I'm pretty sure I applied the patch correctly. I thought this patch was
the ultimate fix to all Read error problems with FreeBSD - am I wrong
about that? I tried writing the CF both with physdiskwrite and under
FreeBSD. FWIW, FreeBSD displays the same geometry in my notebook as the
Soekris BIOS.

Did anyone else try pb11409 or later on a known-broken CF that doesn't
work without the patch?

Thanks,

Manuel