[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Honson, Steven N" <steven dot honson at education dot tas dot gov dot au>
 To:  "Michael Mee" <mm2001 at pobox dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] traffic monitoring - proposal
 Date:  Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:44:31 +1000
Hi,

It just so happens I was thinking about the same subject earlier today
:)

There are a few lightweight programs out there that will run
promiscuously on a interface and output stats to a text file every hour.
IPFM is one such tool.
http://robert.cheramy.net/ipfm/
http://bw.intellos.net/
I can't see it being too hard to put together some PHP pages to
interface to this.
The only problem is the fact that you would have a ever growing number
of log files.
Maybe this is where some sort of rotating system could be put in place
to keep this consistant.

I would possibly be interested in putting some time into implementing
this program in m0n0wall, I should have some spare time this weekend to
have a play and see if its at least possible to do what we want easily.

Cheers,
Steven