[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "zealot" <zealot at tradersguild dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Could not open XML input: fopen(/conf/config.xml)
 Date:  Sat, 28 Jun 2003 21:45:18 -0500
After powering-on my mini-itx PC, FreeBSD boots, but the following error
message is displayed on the console after the Ipsec and IP Filter messages:

  ad2: 31MB <TOSHIBA THNCF032MAA> [496/4/32] at at1-master PIO2
  Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c
  mount: /dev/ad0a: Device not configured

  Warning: fopen(/conf/config.xml) [http://www.php.net/function.fopen]:
failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /etc/inc/xmlparse.inc
on line 121

  Error: could not open XML input

Then the m0n0wall console setup menu is displayed. However, selecting menu
items 1, 2, 3, or 5 results in the aforementioned "Warning:" message.

Selecting menu item 4 prompts me to select y/n to a reboot. After selecting
"y", an error messages similar to the one above is displayed however the
error occurs in lines 261, 262, 267, and 270 of /etc/inc/xmlparse.inc

Any solutions to this problem? I'd really like to get m0n0wall installed on
my mini-itx box.

I am using the following version of m0n0wall:
  generic-pc-pb12r418.img
  Version: Public Beta Release 12, Build #418
  Release date: 6/15/2003
  Type: raw CF/HD image for generic PCs

My compact-flash card is 32Mb, made by PNY.

Computer information for my mini-itx box:

CPU: VIA Eden series Processor 533 MHz
Front Side Bus: 133 MHz
Power consumption: 5W
L1/L2 cache: 192KB
System Chipset list:
 1.Motherboard: VIA VT8601A and VT82C686B
 2.Graphics: VT8601A Integrated Trident graphics
 3.Sound: Realtek ALC 201A AC97 SOUND
 4.LAN: 3*10/100Mbps LAN(Realtek)
Memory: 512MB (SDRAM @ 133MHz by Crucial)

Further details on the computer can be found at
http://www.lex.com.tw/cv860a.htm