[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Could not open XML input: fopen(/conf/config.xml)
 Date:  Sat, 28 Jun 2003 22:05:08 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, zealot wrote:

> After powering-on my mini-itx PC, FreeBSD boots, but the following error
> message is displayed on the console after the Ipsec and IP Filter messages:
>
>   ad2: 31MB <TOSHIBA THNCF032MAA> [496/4/32] at at1-master PIO2

Your CF is successfully mounted from /dev/ad2.

>   Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c

And the ramdisk is successfully mounted.

>   mount: /dev/ad0a: Device not configured

But this mount fails, because it's expecting to mount from /dev/ad0, not
/dev/ad2.

>   Warning: fopen(/conf/config.xml) [http://www.php.net/function.fopen]:
> failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /etc/inc/xmlparse.inc
> on line 121
>
>   Error: could not open XML input

And this fails because /conf doesn't exist without the mount.

You either need to do something to your hardware config so that the CF
appears as /dev/ad0, or you need to modify the /etc/fstab in the mfsroot
image to expect it as /dev/ad2.

					Fred Wright