[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  pb13 released
 Date:  Sun, 29 Jun 2003 19:34:33 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

I found the time to incorporate Michael Mee's timezone/NTP client changes
into m0n0wall, so here's the changelog entry:

- timezone and NTP client support (you have to review and save the
settings on the "General setup" page for the NTP client to be started)

- allow m0n0wall access to DNS servers on optional interfaces (e.g. for
DynDNS)

For reference, I made the following changes to Michael Mee's code
(roughly):

- created zoneinfo.tgz without hardlinks (for example, Europe/Zagreb and
Europe/Belgrade are hardlinked together; this caused problems with tar)

- changed the zoneinfo untar procedure to directly extract the file to
/etc/localtime (using tar -O ...) without involving any copying/linking

- customized zoneinfo.tgz (removed things like SystemV, Factory, etc.)

- included a sort() in the webGUI to sort the zones alphabetically

- wrote a small shell script to execute msntp in an endless loop (msntp
would die immediately if the default gateway wasn't setup yet, as was the
case with PPPoE/PPTP connections)

Since today is Sunday, I re-experienced the date/time writeback bug
(FreeBSD in conjunction with the Soekris BIOS) and decided that it was
about time to do something about it, so I incorporated this diff:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/i386/isa/clock.c.diff?r1=1.190&r2=1.191&f=h

in the net45xx kernel. Works fine now, although the Soekris BIOS displays
the year as 1903 instead of 2003 (??). FreeBSD doesn't seem to mind,
though.

Greets,

Manuel