[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  mark wolfe <markw at wolfenet dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple WAN ip addresses
 Date:  Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:57:30 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 23 Jun 2003, mark wolfe wrote:

> I've got a couple addresses that I'd like to NAT to boxes on the DMZ
> interface.  However, it looks like you can only assign 1 address to the
> WAN interface at this time.  Is there a workaround for this, or a
> planned "feature" for a future release?

What you can already do is 1:1 NAT with your external IP addresses (i.e.
map one public IP address to one private IP address [DMZ or whatever,
doesn't matter]) and then use filter rules to control which services you
want to offer to the outside. It's all on the NAT setup page.

What you can't do at the moment is to take several public IP addresses and
have m0n0wall NAT traffic to different ports on those addresses to
different DMZ servers - that can only be done with the (single) public IP
address that you enter on the WAN configuration page.

HTH,

Manuel