[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Michael Sierchio <kudzu at tenebras dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] several PPTP client via NAT simultaneously
 Date:  Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:52:55 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Michael Sierchio wrote:

> You might notice that on a DS3, but not an E1 ;-)  Static NAT w/natd
> seems considerably faster than that.

FWIW - seems, but isn't. So much for cognitive illusions. ;) Exactly the
same speed for -redirect_address/bimap with both natd and ipnat,
respectively.

OK, let's forget this; I just had to prove my point that ipnat is indeed
faster. I agree that it probably wouldn't matter for most users (if you
were to use NAT, IPsec and wireless on a net45xx at the same time, it
could start to matter, though). Both have their advantages and
disadvantages, and it's also a matter of taste. ipnat suits my taste
better, but that's a personal opinion. ;)

- Manuel