[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] pb13 released
 Date:  Fri, 4 Jul 2003 12:41:35 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Fred Wright wrote:

> Hmm.  I thought tar was supposed to handle hardlinks correctly.

Apparently not when you use the -O option to extract individual files...

> You don't say what the symptom is.  Complete zap of the date/time?

Yes, sorry - it was thoroughly discussed on the Soekris list some time
ago, so I presumed everybody knew that. ;)

> I suspect what happened is this:

Yep, I think that's exactly what happens. AFAIK the date/time writeback
stuff was modified quite a bit for 5.x; those changes haven't been MFC'd,
though. I guess we'll just live with this little fix - it's not the only
kernel patch we use in m0n0wall anyway. ;)

- Manuel