[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Frans J King <kingf1 at cs dot man dot ac dot uk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Speedtouch ADSL modems
 Date:  Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:10:39 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Frans,

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Frans J King wrote:

> Was wondering if m0n0wall supports Speedtouch ADSL modems and if not
> whether it was at all feasible to build PPP support plus the BSD user
> mode drivers into m0n0wall.

You mean Speedtouch USB ADSL modems, right? Well, they're not supported at
the moment; m0n0wall wants to talk PPPoE over real hardware Ethernet
interfaces. Of course it would be possible to integrate support for them
into m0n0wall. I'm not sure if the stuff from
http://www.xsproject.org/speedtouch works with MPD, though - might have to
switch to ppp to do that. My incentive to do it is pretty low, though (1.
I don't like USB, 2. net45xxs don't have USB, 3. I don't have a SpeedTouch
;).  Have a look at the m0n0wall Hackers Guide, maybe you can hack
something together by yourself. Or someone on the list might offer to try
it, I don't know.

Good luck!

- Manuel