[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  felix <felix at belugalounge dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] upgrading from older version
 Date:  Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:13:34 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Felix,

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, felix wrote:

> I am still running pb8r325 on my net4501. I am considering an upgrade to
> the latest version, so I was wondering whether I will be able to use my
> current configuration file in the latest version? I remember that esp.
> the network setup changed two or three releases ago. Can I do an
> firmware upgrade without loosing the runing configuration or do I have
> to set up everything again after upgrading?

Yes, you can. I'd suggest you first backup your configuration (using
Backup/Restore in the webGUI), then upgrade the firmware via the webGUI
(rename the .img to .tar.gz). The configuration will be automatically
converted (read http://m0n0.ch/wall/#upgrading). In case something goes
wrong, you can always go back to pb8 and try again with the saved
configuration.

HTH,

Manuel