[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Speedtouch ADSL modems
 Date:  Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:57:42 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Manuel Kasper wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Frans J King wrote:
>
> > Was wondering if m0n0wall supports Speedtouch ADSL modems and if not
> > whether it was at all feasible to build PPP support plus the BSD user
> > mode drivers into m0n0wall.
>
> You mean Speedtouch USB ADSL modems, right? Well, they're not supported at
> the moment; m0n0wall wants to talk PPPoE over real hardware Ethernet

Don't you mean PPTP?  AFAIK the STs don't support PPPoE, which is too bad
since it would avoid the client/server PPTP conflict that another user is
having.  BTW, that's with an Ethernet-based ST, which works with m0n0wall.

> I don't like USB, 2. net45xxs don't have USB, 3. I don't have a SpeedTouch

I'd only use USB for networking as a last resort, if for no other reason
than the latency (though it's not *quite* so significant on a relatively
slow use like a cable or DSL modem).

					Fred Wright