[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Frans J King" <kingf1 at cs dot man dot ac dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Speedtouch ADSL modems
 Date:  Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:41:23 +0100
Sorry I seem to have confused some people - I'm not talking about PPTP
tunnels but Point to Point dial-up ADSL. To connect to my ISP I use a
SpeedTouch 330 ADSL modem. This is connected to USB. There exists both
for Linux and BSD a user mode driver that handles all the PPP over ATM
stuff through PPP. I was wondering how difficult it would be to modify
m0n0wall to install PPP and also the Speedtouch driver and whether
m0n0wall would then recognize the interface.

Have a look at http://speedtouch.sourceforge.net/ and
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/speedtouch/spe
edtouch/doc-bsd/INSTALL?rev=1.2

Specifically the driver requires USB, ugen and ppp to be compiled into
the kernel. I don't know whether m0n0wall has this.

Regards,

Frans