[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Carlos <ccesario at isic dot com dot br>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  "M. G. (Michael) de Bruin" <mg dot debruin at buum dot nl>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] hd install
 Date:  Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:02:18 -0200
On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 17:27, M. G. (Michael) de Bruin wrote:
> Brian R. Watters wrote:
> >
> > Carlos,
> >
> > I was getting the very same error .. I was told it's a FreeBSD issue and not
> > a m0n0 wall issue .. Was further told you need to look to the FreeBSD lists
> > for help .. If you find the solution let me know as I have had ZERO luck
> > with the lists or searching for any sort of a solution ..
> >
> > Brian
>
> Most of the time, when you get this command your HD is f*cked. I got
> this twice, and both times I had to say goodbye to the HD (that's what
> you get for saving old junk: it sometimes doesn't work if you try to use
> it after several years :)).

Hi Brian,

   But I have one perfect machine .. with news scsi HD's and I m0n0wall
isn't running.....

My machine is

Intel Celerom 1 Ghz
512 MB Ram
3 NICs 3 com 10/100
1 HD SCSI

I get generic-pc-pb22r566.img image and write in my HD ...

In Linux (knoppix):
gunzip -c  generic-pc-pb22r566.img | dd of=/dev/sda bs=16k

the command is execute with success, the system boot .. but  occurs some
errors.

erros
 xl0 3Com blablabl..
 xl0  couldn't map ports/memory

fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode ..
others messages and system is rebooted

You have idea about this ?

great

Carlos