[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tim McCullagh" <timbo at halenet dot com dot au>
 To:  "Christiaens Joachim" <jchristi at oce dot be>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Disable NAT
 Date:  Wed, 31 Dec 2003 21:51:48 +1000
Hi Joachim

I have been playing with disabling NAT today.

If I set up the Firewall >
 NAT >
  Outbound >
   Enable advanced outbound NAT

as suggested when I scan with nmap to see what ports are open I only see the
WAN interface IP address.  Nmap times out on the LAN IP's.  If I use the
exec.php and do a netstat -rn it shows the IP addresses on both the WAN and
LAN interfaces as I would suspect if should.

The question is how do you turn your net45xx into simply a router traffic
shapper?

From the LAN side everything works fine, but if I try and run a web server
on the internal LAN side IP addresses I can't see the open ports with an
nmap scan from the WAN side of the  net45xx

Regards

Tim