[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marten <wleiden at xs4all dot nl>
 To:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 Cc:  mono <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Prism firmware updates
 Date:  31 Dec 2003 13:08:57 +0100
On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 01:12, Chad R. Larson wrote:

> wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary 1.01.00, Station 1.04.09

not good ....

> If I check out:
> http://www.netgate.com/support/prism_firmware/
> that 1.1.0 primary seems ok, but the station is up around 1.8.0 now.
 no good

 There
> was an earlier discussion on this list that suggested 1.5.6(?) was known good.

fine :)

> Ok, (finally) here's my question.  How the heck to I get different firmware
> flashed into the card?

a notebook ?

The net4501 is the only thing I own with a miniPCI
> slot, so we're going to be talking adapters or something if I can't do it
> in place.

foud one for you in google :)     <pci card  minipci adapter>

http://www.mikrotik.com/    $33
http://www.mikrotik.com/interfaces.php#linx6part0

or ( more fun)

Fetch an _old_  linksys wmp11. This has a prismchip minipci-card inside.
Check this in freesbsd's dmesg. Then remove (soldering) the cover
replace your card and write on winupdate new 1.1.1 1.5.6.

joy
Marten

>          -crl
> --
> Chad R. Larson (CRL22)    chad at eldocomp dot com
>    Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
>       5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400
>         Phoenix, Arizona   85016-3228
>
> -- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --
>
> This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed,
applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the
message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.