[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'Assinatura de Listas'" <assinarlistas at yahoo dot com dot br>, monowall at j dot jimmc dot org, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] New DMZ question
 Date:  Wed, 31 Dec 2003 13:11:00 +0100
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Assinatura de Listas [mailto:assinarlistas at yahoo dot com dot br]
>
> Section: Interfaces --> DMZ
> =====================
>
> Enable optional 1 interface?
> -- Yes

> -- DMZ
>
> Bridge with:
> -- None
>
> IP Address:
> -- 10.0.0.1/24
>
> Section: DHCP --> DMZ
> =====================
> Enable DHCP server on LAN interface?
> -- Yes

Shouldn't that be 'Enable DHCP on DMZ interface' ?

> Range
> -- I entered the available range

I guess you entered the range 10.0.0.2 - 10.0.0.255 while .255 is your
broadcast address for that /24 subnet (by default).
My proposition: enter a range 10.0.0.100 - 10.0.0.200 for ex. This should
help.

> The next step: I turned on DMZ machine and it was assigned IP
> 10.0.0.255

This made me suspect you entered the wrong range

> (DMZ machine is connected to m0n0wall's optional NIC (now
> DMZ) through a
> crossover cable.
>
> My question is: Why can't DMZ machine access internet just
> like LAN machines
> do??

Also, to be able to get to the internet, outbound NAT should be working for
the DMZ subnet (it's private adresses).

Regards,
Joachim

MISSION STATEMENT