[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Darth Moula" <darth underscore moula at atlas dot cz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ASK - generic PC hardware requirements
 Date:  Thu, 1 Jan 2004 04:35:15 +0100
Thank for reply!

I try to run m0n0wall at Compaq Presario CDS 520: 486DX2/66 + 20MB RAM (it
is impossible to add more RAM) + 2xNIC ISA (WAN,LAN) and I get OUT OF MEMORY
:-(

Compaq Presario CDS 520 is "all-in-one" (monitor+computer together in one
case), obsolete, but ideal for router or sometring like that.

Now my m0n0wall is runnig on Celeron 333MHz + 128MB RAM + 3xNIC PCI
(WAN,LAN,OPT1). I think, that 128MB RAM is unduly luxury. Is good idea to
decrease amount of RAM to 32MB ? I try this and it seems be OK, but I don't
know minimum/recommended/optimal size of RAM.

D.M.