[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Falcor <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 To:  main monowall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DNS/DHCP Question
 Date:  Thu, 01 Jan 2004 23:21:29 -0600
Hi all!  Happy new year!

Quick question, I am now running build 23 and  noticed something with
the dns/dhcp, this may have existed before but I just noticed it....

On my windows workstations that are issues dynamic IPs the Primary DNS
Suffix is left blank, even though I am filling in the Domain field under
General Setup.  Should that field be pushed to the clients?  This really
helps with using short names and having the workstations append the
local domain to it.  ;)   No biggie as I could just tell the
workstations a list of domains to append, but normally that is sent to
them during the dhcp request when they receive dns, wins, etc information.

-F