[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Falcor <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 To:  Alan Horn <ahorn at deorth dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] keep state question.
 Date:  Fri, 02 Jan 2004 01:41:10 -0600
In/Out are determined by the source and destination that you place in
the rule.  E.g.:
Prot: *| Source LAN net | Destination * | Port 21  and a action "Block"
would block outbound FTP traffic (port 21 traffic of any sort actually)
from the LAN network that you specified in the Interface setup to all
networks the firewall/router are connected to.

by default install, all LAN traffic to any host on any port is allowed,
and all inbound is denied/blocked.

You would need to create allow rules for the PPTP network, OPT1 network,
WiFi network(s) as well as any inbound rules you want or outbound
blocking rules.  If you want to limit what your LAN users can access on
the internet it is better to start with no rules (an implicit deny all
basically) and simply add rules allowing them to do each specific thing.
 I do that at work, but at home.. hey I allow myself to go everywhere...