[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  Melvin Backus <mbackus at bellsouth dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Odd webGUI timeout problems
 Date:  Fri, 02 Jan 2004 10:53:27 -0500
Melvin Backus wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone else has seen problems with the webGUI
> timing out on them.  I seem to get 1 or 2 screens when trying to
> configure things, then the browser times out trying to get to the next
> page.  At that point I can go back to the main link and get to things
> again, but it seems a bit odd and is particularly irritating.
>
> This is running the generic CDRom install on a PentiumPro 180 with
> 128Mb of ram.  I've been testing various fw distros on this same
> hardware and have seen no anomalies so I tend to think the hardware is
> OK at this point.

Melvin,

I've had m0n0wall running on anything from a P233MMX with 64MB of
memory, on to a PIII 550 with 128MB of memory.  All with different NIC
cards, and totally different motherboards with none of those issues.  I
even have it running at my house now on an HP Celeron 566 slim desktop
machine.  I can't say I've had it on a Pentium Pro, but lots of
Pentiums, and even an AMD.  In fact, the only problem I have is the fact
that FreeBSD and Cisco Aironet cards don't play nice together.  I put
that Aironet card in 3 different machines, and the same thing happens in
each one.  Tons of errors from the an0 driver, and I can't get any
computer to connect to it, even though all the discussion groups
(FreeBSD) say the errors I get are harmless.

Chris