[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'Mitch (WebCob) '" <mitch at webcob dot com>, Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 Cc:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch '" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] windows built in "ident"...
 Date:  Wed, 31 Dec 2003 00:53:13 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: Mitch (WebCob)

> I realize that the soft firewall has more than network access to the
> machine, but the linksys router can do a variety of things - block all
> access if zone alarm is not active on the initiating computer and so on
> -
> not sure where the functionality crosses over... I HAVE seen indentd
> services for windows - maybe they could make the internal api calls
> transparent to a remote device...

Sorry, i was way out of my league :-)

I didn't get it... But this way, other idiots like me have learned something
now ;-)

Looks very nice, and an existing protocol is preferred. So ident sounds good
to me (who didn't know about its existance some hours ago).

Regards,
Joachim

MISSION STATEMENT

DISCLAIMER