[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Fred Weston" <fred at daytonawan dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  PPTP using same IP network on both sides
 Date:  Fri, 2 Jan 2004 12:00:56 -0500
I've run into a problem a few times where someone will PPTP to my
m0n0wall box, and then have problems talking to anything because their
network is set up with the same LAN IP range as mine.  I could change to
an obscure network, but I was wondering if anyone knows an easier way to
deal with this problem.

I also had this problem a few times at a previous employer (not with
m0n0wall, but the same problem with a Cisco VPN concentrator) and the
solution there was to force the employee to change their settings
because we couldn't renumber our network.  If I run in to it again, it'd
be nice to have a solution other than force one side to change their set
up.

Thanks

--
Fred Weston