[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Falcor <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 To:  Fred Weston <fred at daytonawan dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP using same IP network on both sides
 Date:  Fri, 02 Jan 2004 11:10:54 -0600
Fred Weston wrote:

>I've run into a problem a few times where someone will PPTP to my
>m0n0wall box, and then have problems talking to anything because their
>network is set up with the same LAN IP range as mine.  I could change to
>an obscure network, but I was wondering if anyone knows an easier way to
>deal with this problem.
>
>I also had this problem a few times at a previous employer (not with
>m0n0wall, but the same problem with a Cisco VPN concentrator) and the
>solution there was to force the employee to change their settings
>because we couldn't renumber our network.  If I run in to it again, it'd
>be nice to have a solution other than force one side to change their set
>up.
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>Fred Weston
>DaytonaWAN Networks
>Ph. 386-673-2514
>Fax 386-255-2060

No, no other solution that I know of.  I had to renumber my parent's
network so I could PPTP into my m0n0wall from their house over the
holidays.  :(    It may help to make your network completely obscure.
 192.168.200.x or something that  you hope no one else is using.
 127.x.x.x never seems to be all that popular, more people seem to use
10.x and 192.168 then anything else.