[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mark Spieth" <mspieth at neod dot net>
 To:  "Brad Giotes" <brad at instawatch dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Password field?
 Date:  Fri, 2 Jan 2004 12:13:54 -0500
I assume you are talking about websites sitting behind your monowall and
the computer you are attempting to view the sites on is also behind your
monowall? If so it will never work. You need to use static host entries
somewhere to map your sites to the internal IP addresses by name. For
Example.

www.example.com may be accessible outside via a "real IP address" The
actual IP address that IIS is bound to would be the natted IP address.
For this example we will use 192.168.1.25 change this to be your actual
internal IP addess on your webserver.

Now in your hosts file on your computer put

192.168.1.25 www.example.com

or you can put it on your monowall as a static host entry in the DNS
forwarder section if you are using your monowall for DNS resolution.

Hope this helps..

Mark