[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin Backus <mbackus at bellsouth dot net>
 To:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Odd webGUI timeout problems
 Date:  Fri, 02 Jan 2004 14:30:54 -0500
Status update

At 01:45 PM 1/2/2004, Melvin Backus wrote:
>At 10:53 AM 1/2/2004, Christopher M. Iarocci wrote:
>>Melvin Backus wrote:
>>
>>>Hello all,
>>>
>>>I was wondering if anyone else has seen problems with the webGUI timing
>>>out on them.  I seem to get 1 or 2 screens when trying to configure
>>>things, then the browser times out trying to get to the next page.  At
>>>that point I can go back to the main link and get to things again, but
>>>it seems a bit odd and is particularly irritating.
>>>
>>>This is running the generic CDRom install on a PentiumPro 180 with 128Mb
>>>of ram.  I've been testing various fw distros on this same hardware and
>>>have seen no anomalies so I tend to think the hardware is OK at this point.

After loading pb23 and seeing the exact same problem I decided to do some
more detailed testing, different browsers, etc.  Seems that there is some
conflict between IE and m0n0wall when you have the Google toolbar
loaded.  IE without the toolbar seems to work fine, as does Mozilla.  The
only thing I've enabled on the toolbar is the popup blocker, and I set it
to allow popups from the m0n0wall site.  Still seems to hang.

later...

Melvin

Good, Fast, Cheap... Pick any two