[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paul Phillips <paul at partitura dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  outbound NAT happens by default?
 Date:  Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:59:54 -0600
Hi,

I am a new m0n0wall user and  am testing the current version of January
1 - trying to figure it all out...

I hooked up a dummy network to the m0n0wall firewall box for testing.

One thing I noticed - if I connect to a http host on the (dummy)
internet from my (again dummy) LAN, the internet host logs the WAN IP
address of the firewall as having made the http request.  This is
without me setting anything at all in the outgoing NAT.  So, is
outbound NAT happening by default, and I don't need to set it?

Thanks
Paul