[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>
 To:  Eric Hilden <eric at linkednetworks dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall / Traffic Shaper Performance Thread
 Date:  Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:52:23 -0500
Some questions that need to be answered before being able to help:

1)  Can you update to the latest beta (1.2b10)?  I doubt that will fix
anything, but 1.2b10 is rock-solid, and you'll be running the latest
code.

2)  Can you max out the link with the traffic shaper disabled?

3)  What NICs do you have in the machine?

4)  Are you forcing the speed and duplex on those NICs?

5)  What are the CPU and memory usage at times when you try to max out
the link?

6)  Any errors in the logs?

7)  Goto exec.php, run 'netstat -i' and post the results.

If you can get us more info, we should be able to get you fixed up!

Justin