[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Steven Shatz <steven underscore shatz at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Routing across different subnets and m0n0wall devices
 Date:  Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:00:46 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,

I have a question as to whether anyone has set up
routing between m0n0wall devices such that clients on
either m0n0wall device can access clients on the other
m0n0wall device, with each m0n0wall device having
different subnets.

My desired configuration is two m0n0wall devices:

LAN: (serves clients via

LAN: (serves clients via

ClientA: (located under m0n0wallA)

ClientB:  (located under m0n0wallB)

Now, is there any way that Client B can reach Client
A, or vice-versa?

I tried using static routes in the kernel by adding
routes from the m0n0wallA to m0n0wallB's WAN (route
add -netmask
with no success.  The traceroutes terminate at and don't continue routing down into the

I tried using proxy ARP and server-NAT to expose the
subnets, but by the time the ARPs reach the subnet, ARPs aren't triggered and are sent
on their way to the next router specified by

Are there any ideas as to what I may be missing or how
I can address this issue?

Do You Yahoo!?