1) Don't know if its in 1.11 but if radius support is available it
should work on any radius server
2) No you don't
3) The mention in the release notes is of another kind. You're mixing up
two different things:
the Auth-Type = "Local" on the radius system itself and the Local user
database on the m0n0wall system.
Always read the manual for the correct way to do things because the
number of incorrect ways to do things is almost infinite
Van: Mancini, Robert [mailto:ManciniRC2 at state dot gov]
Verzonden: dinsdag 20 september 2005 16:13
Aan: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Onderwerp: [m0n0wall] Radius Server with captive portal
A few general captive portal / radius questions to determine if there is
some basic fault in my testing to date:
1. Does m0n0wall ver 1.11 support radius server operation on captive
portal with MuliTech's Radius ver 2.01 server application?
2. Do you need a radius aware access point (i.e. tell the access point
the ip of the radius server) or does m0n0wall take care of that
3. Is there an issue with using "Auth-Type = Local" in the Users File of
The radius server application (per m0n0wall post 30 Sep 2004 10:32:19).
I mention this because the release notes for beta1.2b6 states "captive
portal support for local database".
I have read the FAQs and the mailing list archive and did not find these
issues addressed. Thanks to anyone who will provide feedback. Bob