[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Kevyn Jones <kevyn at vista dot eclipse dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Setting up VPN
 Date:  Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:33:10 +0100
Hi there having real trouble getting the VPN Server to work...

I have a Linksys Modem establishing the PPPoE connection for the
M0n0wall box
I'm using version 1.11 generic PC.

I have attached the xml (edited) to assist anyone in the know who may be
able to help.

Trying to establish a connection from work (outside my network) fails to
even connect.
This is nothing to do with the firewall at work as I setup connections
to various locations around the world.

I think it is something to do with NAT but not sure.

one strange occurance that I did not expect is I can establish a
connection to the VPN server (using the Public IP) fine from within the

My entire reason for opting for m0n0wall was the VPN Server (gutted).

Any further info required?

edited_config.xml (3.2 KB, text/xml)