[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kevyn Jones <kevyn at vista dot eclipse dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Setting up VPN
 Date:  Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:33:10 +0100
Hi there having real trouble getting the VPN Server to work...

I have a Linksys Modem establishing the PPPoE connection for the
M0n0wall box
I'm using version 1.11 generic PC.

I have attached the xml (edited) to assist anyone in the know who may be
able to help.

Trying to establish a connection from work (outside my network) fails to
even connect.
This is nothing to do with the firewall at work as I setup connections
to various locations around the world.

I think it is something to do with NAT but not sure.

one strange occurance that I did not expect is I can establish a
connection to the VPN server (using the Public IP) fine from within the
LAN!!!

My entire reason for opting for m0n0wall was the VPN Server (gutted).

Any further info required?

Hopeful......
edited_config.xml (3.2 KB, text/xml)