[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andreas Bahr <eyebear at prima dot de>
 To:  cbuechler at gmail dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Having trouble setting up iVPN with monowall
 Date:  Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:55:12 +0200
Hi,

Chris Buechler schrieb:
> On 9/20/05, Bradley Van Peursem <bradley at itelework dot com> wrote:
>
>>Has anyone got this working with IPSEC and monowall?
>>

> This isn't exactly what you're after but might be helpful.
> http://www.edain.de/howtos/wlan_protection.shtml

Got it working with the mentioned howto, but now I'm stuck with the
problem that the tunnel collapses under load.

A ping is growing from a few milliseconds up to 50 or 100 msecs, f.e.
"Ping thinkpad.air.local [192.168.2.3] mit 32 Bytes Daten:
Antwort von 192.168.2.3: Bytes=32 Zeit=53ms TTL=127"

The entries under Diagnostics->IPSec->SAD showed no SAD-associations
anymore.

The fw-rules allow pinging from the dmz (opt1 named here) to the local
subnet. For testing purposes I allowed really everything.

The first look at the monowall logs showed that the racoon-process had
an hickup and couldn't establish a connection.

What do the readers of this ml think? Might changing the client help in
this situation?

TIA

Andreas