[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Trevor Doust" <doustt at zippfly dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Using a PowerG8 WRAP 3054 as an AP behind a DHCP server
 Date:  Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:59:43 -0400
I have a Power G8 WRAP 3054 box running M0n0wall 1.2b6

I am using the box as an access point.  It is connected to a Nomadix AAA
server which provides authentication, authorization and accounting.

The Nomadix box needs to see the client through the powerG8.  If the client
has a fixed IP the Nomadix will accept of in not it will dish one out from a
private pool of IP addresses.

The power G8 connects to the Nomadix with a NIC on the power G* which has a
fixed IP address in the 10,0,20,x range.  The Nomadix serves out IP's in the
10.0.16.x to 10.0.17.x range.

I can ping out from the Wrap box to the internet and the DNS works. The
network side works in that I can connect to the radio side.

The problem is that I cannot configure the interface to let the DHCP server
of my Nomadix dish out an IP to a client.  The only rules I have set up is
to let anything pass to anything on both the WAN and LAN side. I have messed
around with DHCP relay to no avail.  I may have got some fundamental IP
setting screwed up

Once I get the thing working I want to set up peer to peer blocking and
enabble SNMP.

I would appreciete help from anyone with some specific knowledge on this
topic.  A detailed response would be even better  since I am uncertain about
every step after playing with the thing for eons.

Thanks

Trevor