[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  Cameron Showalter <cameron at gwschool dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OT - DUP! ping
 Date:  Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:55:27 -0500
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:08:38 -0700
Cameron Showalter <cameron at gwschool dot com> wrote:

> 1 packets transmitted, 1 received, +19 duplicates, 0% packet loss, time 0ms

	I posted on that a couple weeks ago.  It seemed related to
a bandwidth monitor I was running to monitor the network traffic.  Once
I closed that program the duplicate packets disappeared.  I never did
pursue if Windows' ping doesn't report duplicates or wasn't seeing them,
but the problem only showed up from m0n0wall's ping.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.

~ Taglines by Taglinator 4 - www.srtware.com ~