[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joshua Coombs" <jcoombs at gwi dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: m0n0clock?
 Date:  Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:28:27 -0400
"Kris Maglione" <bsdaemon at comcast dot net> wrote in message
news:43278B75 dot 1080901 at comcast dot net...
> Twig wrote:
>
>> I'm willing to do the heavy lifting on this if people think it'd be
>> worthwhile?
>
> You could make a custom image and replace msntp with the ntpd from
> the base system, and maintain your own configuration page, etc...
> Then you would still have the webgui/update system. This will never
> happen in the official realease, though, since ntpd is about 6 times
> toe size of ntpd

Trying an initial first pass, the rootfs for m0n0wall, unzipped, with
msntp comes out to 9650k.

Replacing msntp with ntpd and associated tools bloats it up to 10050k,
400kb more.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around PHP so I can actually
integrate it.  It looks like stripping out vpn/ipsec/other items that
an ntp server wouldn't need, but leaving filtering for security, it
cranks down to 8000k or so.

Joshua Coombs