[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "PixSell" <pixsell at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: First release of new Radius system
 Date:  Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:40:36 +0200
Its an implementation of a radius CLIENT (so no server) which will have
MANY MANY options and enhancements on the logging etc.

Already implemented:

Failure reason if given by the server:

Last 150 captive portal log entries

Sep 22 09:28:00

LOGIN: jonathan, 00:40:96:a8:35:3f, 192.168.2.255

Sep 22 09:27:35

FAILURE: mtestroote0, 00:40:96:a8:35:3f, 192.168.2.255, Password Has
Expired

If a user tries to log in and lets say his account has expired on the
radius server the radius messages will be logged and also be replied to
the user on the captive portal error page. You self can choose how that
pages will look like and where on that page you want to display that
message. Its defined with the $PORTAL_REPLY_MESSAGE$ var.

Timebased and / or volume limits are possible if someone implements it
directly on the m0n0wall. The radius client do accept the radius
attributes of it and will put them into callable vars. In cooperation
with Manuel I decided to use the Nomadix dictionary and it's fully
implemented in the C library compiled into PHP and for 90% in the PHP
classes.

You also can override the Redirection URL from the radius server so that
you can give every radius group a different redirection url (will be
implemented in the release of today)

I today will put an image online with that function also implemented.

For the Freeradius part: give it a try, don't give up. In time you will
figure it all out (I think I'm only using 10-15% of what freeradius
really can do)

--
Jonathan De Graeve
Network/System Administrator