[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christian Langeland <christian at langeland dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0walll and big LANparties (read: lots of users, lots of traffic)
 Date:  Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:54:42 +0200
Christian Langeland wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm the network admin at ByLAN, a local LAN-party here in Norway, and
> at the moment we don't have a firewall. I've used m0n0wall with great
> success at home, but I'm totally un-experienced in using it in larger
> environments.

And after a few mail sent directly to me, I feel the urge to clear up a
few things.

- Yes, people play games at Lan-parties
- No, we don't hack stuff at these parties, it's gaming and compos only.
It's a down-scaled version of "The Gathering" ( http://www.gathering.org
), and only focuses on the gaming part, we haven't got the people to
arrange demo/music compos

And yes, the request was serious, will m0n0wall be up for the task? If
so, what hardware should we go for? (any similar admins out there?)

--
Christian Langeland - lchristi at fraggel dot mine dot nu