[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brett <bretticus at gmail dot com>
 To:  Kevyn Jones <kevyn at vista dot eclipse dot co dot uk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Setting up VPN
 Date:  Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:13:19 -0600
Inspired by this email post and new to M0n0wall, I decided to try this out.

I followed the instructions detailed at the m0n0wall website. I made sure
that I setup a firewall rule for my new virtual PPTP interface to allow
traffic from my office LAN.

Then I fired up my Windows XP PPTP client. I noticed that I would get an
authentication prompt and then a drop. I checked the system logs to ensure
that I was getting to the m0n0wall...it was.

So I did a tiny bit of research on my company's PIX firewall at the office
(which I administer luckily.) All I had to do was add one line (We have PIX
6.3.4 OS ... incase you have a PIX at work.):

fixup protocol pptp 1723

Works like a charm now. If you have any questions, just let ne know

Brett