[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mattias Bergander <mattias dot bergander at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hardware encryption accelerator for generic pc + Serial Console
 Date:  Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:47:37 +0200
I'm currently looking into building a m0n0wall firewall around a VIA EPIA
system completely fanless and no moving parts (CF instead of HD) for mainly
noise reasons and high performance.
 These (all?) have separate encryption and random number generator chips on
them that are supported on newer Linux kernels at least, What about freebsd,
anyone who knows? SSL for example is then hardware accelerated.
 Not sure that this applies to the fanless Eden CPUs though, maybe only the
EPIAs with the C3 cpu?
 Currently considering a PD6000E VIA epia board (dual RJ45 ports) ) (600MHz
eden cpu).
Tests with a M6000E shows that simple 10mbit throughput with http and ftp is
no problem (of course). I'll someday test 100mbit throughput with and
without vpn. But I have no idea if it is possible to take advantage of the
encryption chip when using freebsd/m0n0wall?

--
Mattias Bergander
 Hello, i'm looking for a SSL or Crypto accelerator card to accelerate

Anyone already done this?

I'm also looking on what I need to change in the source to let the
console also be visible on the serial port.

J.