[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Second release of new Radius system
 Date:  Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:45:33 +0200
Can be downloaded from here (it doesn has the CF 1byte read sector patch

This release also includes support for RFC 2869 (Radius Extensions)
particulary Acct-Input-Gigawords and Acct-Output-Gigawords.

It makes it possible to have better accounting (usually the value wraps
@ 2GB and the user can download 8GB, the radius system will only show

The current wrap value is 2^32-1 which means 4GB instead of 2GB. Every
time the counter wraps the value of gigawords is raised with 1.

This gives me:
2005-09-23 16:36:30 1 uren, 33 seconden 104.99 MBs 5.90

Instead of
2005-09-22 16:40:13 1 uren, 6 seconden 108.54 MBs 2.00 GBs

I'm still in conversation with the freeradius development team since it
seems they use a value of 2^31-1 instead of 2^32-1 like the RFC states.

I think that I will add an extra option in the config where you can
choose what the value will be, so that no mather what, it works with
your own radius system.

Jonathan De Graeve
Network/System Administrator
Imelda vzw