[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Wass <mark dot wass at market dash analyst dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Monowall to MonoWall
 Date:  Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:28:15 +1000
Hello

I have a rather strange setup I need to implement can some one tell me
will this work, and how best to implement it.

Internet

MonoWall1

    |-------------------DMZ Servers with Real World IP's X.X.X.X /27

Mono Wall2

Private LAN(192.168.1.0)

MonoWall1 (WAN) = A realworld IP X.X.X.X /30
MonoWall1 (LAN) = A realworld IP X.X.X.X/27

DMZ Servers = realworld IP's X.X.X.X/27

MonoWall2 (WAN) = A realworld IP X.X.X.X /27
MonoWall2 (LAN) = 192.168.1.1

I have servers/services in the private LAN that hosts on the internet
need to access.

I need to make sure that hosts in the Private LAN can access the
internet (PING WEB SMTP etc..)

I also need to make sure hosts on the internet can access the DMZ servers.

Will Mono allow me to do this.

I will also eventually be wanting to use IPSEC tunnels from MonoWall1 to
remote sites, will I be able to access these sites from the Private LAN
and the DMZ?

If someone could could clue me up on what the issues are involved here
that would be great. My biggest confusion is will I need NAT to the DMZ
or not, and if not how do I turn off NAT for the DMZ.

Thanks
Mark