[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Wass <mark dot wass at market dash analyst dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monowall to MonoWall
 Date:  Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:04:15 +1000
So like this Chris, is this correct?

Internet

MonoWall1
  |  |(Opt1)IP = X.X.X.X /27
  |  |
  |  ---------------DMZ Servers with Real World IP's X.X.X.X /27

Private LAN(192.168.1.0 /24)

And the IP of the LAN interface on MonoWall1 is 192.68.1.1 /24

Will I still be able to access the servers in the DMZ from the Private LAN?

Will I still be able to NAT to servers in the Private LAN from the
Internet?

Will I still be able to NAT to servers in the  DMZ from the Internet?

Can I also have your opinion on this....

Does having  2  MonoWalls setup like in my first picture make anything
any more secure? Personally I think it makes thing more complex than
need be.