[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Darrell Whitfield <dwhitf at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  New Monowall and Newbie
 Date:  Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:52:22 -0500
newbie here please give me suggestions on how to (guide lines)
put together the services on the equipment I have below
(example voip and xbox on dmz? linksys or netgear?)
to have the best performance for my Home.
Thanks in advance!
darrell (Freebsd user since 4.0)

(caps was stuck)
CPU K6II 450MHZ
128 meg RAM (PC100) ide to cf adapter with 128mb cf
5 Intel EtherExpress(tm) PRO/100+ PCI Adapter Chipset Number: S82557 (MOBO
HAS 5 PCI SOTS)
Cable 3000d/292u
AP NETGEAR MA311(HOSTAP) OR LINKSYS WRT54G ((HELP WHICH WOULD BE BETTER)
 Services to access monowall (internet)
2 desktops (TWO ONLY AT ONE TIME DEsktop/LAPTOP)
2 laptops
3 tivos
1 xbox
voip phone